Thursday, November 26, 2015

A VERY Special Request - PLEASE READ!

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving! 

Thank you so much for taking time out of your very special day to spend time with me and support me on my teaching, blogging, and entrepreneurial journey! 

One year ago, I never would have expected to be where I am today! I've made so many great blogging friends, grown tremendously as a seller and become so inspired by the teacher-blogging network!

I have a desperate plea for you today and I am really hoping that you can help me out. There's something in it for you as well! I promise.

Here's the story...

In August, I started talking with a SMART board retailer to get a project up for Donor's Choose and Chevron's Fuel Your School Program. I worked long and hard with the seller to find a SMART board solution that would suit my needs and also fall within the $1,000 price tag set by Chevron.

I'm sure you can imagine the excitement that I felt when my project was funded and I was set to receive a SMART board. However, that excitement quickly faded when the board arrived at my school. Are you wondering why? The grant written by the retailer ended up only being for the board...no projector! 

HOUSTON, we have a problem!!!

I currently possess a $2,400 wall fixture that's unable to be used. My students are asking me constantly when we can use our SMART board and when it's going to be installed. I don't have the heart to tell them that we don't have the projector for it.

So, I did what any sensible teacher would do. I wrote a new project for Donors choose to get a short-throw projector for my classroom so that I can actually put this fabulous, expensive board to use! However, I can't afford to fund the projector alone.

Luckily, it is available for a 100% price match through the weekend using the code "SPARK." 

I am begging you to make a donation to our project. In exchange, I'll send you anything you'd like from my store (of equal value) as a thank you. You'll just need to leave a comment with your email and I'll contact you to find out what you want from my store.

I need $400 in matched donations to get our projector and I know that it's possible with all of the love and support that's present in this community! 

Please head over to Donor's Choose and then check out my store to get some free materials in exchange.

We are all incredible grateful for your support.


4 comments: